Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Day More..

One day more. Another day, another destiny. Tomorrow I will be embarking on my latest adventure. Nine countries in 39 days! Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Turkey. I've been asking myself these last few hours if I'm biting off a little more than I can chew. Did I make this trip way too massive? Am I going to crumble under the pressure...?

In the end, it doesn't matter. I've already spent thousands of dollars, undergone months worth of organizing, and packed way too much stuff to wimp out. I have no choice! Plus, I'm not going to unfold ALL of my t-shirts AGAIN. All I'm going to do is type this post, grumble to myself, and get ready for the big day. The board is set and the pieces are moving.

You may not believe it (actually you may), but I am incredibly excited. Joining me, I have two seasoned travel partners in Nick Nylen and Bill Ryan. Both have collectively climbed Everest, sailed the Nile, and hot air ballooned across Antarctica. Boy am I lucky to have them. Later, I will be joined by my step-dad TJ and mom, Clair. I will save introductions for a later date as you will meet them soon enough. For now, this is Sam Nylen signing off.

4 comments:

  1. Vi ses senare!!! Have the most wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda & I are having our own adventure--eating at McDonald's in the sprawling metropolis of Marion Il . Safe travels and try to stay out of trouble. Meet me later at Walker's Bluff. I'm buying.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Joyce!

    You be careful in Marion Jim. I hear the Moake family is very ruthless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are quite the Maverick... trying pizza in Iceland! Was it cheese pizza? Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete